So I’m not actually in town this weekend, I took the train south to the big city. It’s my birthday in EXACTLY one week and one day, and my family insisted I visit so they can shower me in love and affection. Which, you know, I’m always down with. In the meantime, though, I had to leave Monsieur behind. He works weekends and couldn’t make this trip. ONE* of us (and I won’t name any names) isn’t very excited about spending the weekend apart. ONE* of us might be a bit of a baby when it comes to things like this.
So to make the parting a little less sorrowful, I whipped this up! Warning: It might be the creepiest love note I’ve ever left him. Ever.
Want to make your own? (Oh man, though, seriously if any of you ACTUALLY make this, I want pics. Pics or it didn’t happen.) Well here you go!
Supplies: Color printer (or black and white, I guess, it doesn’t really matter), colored markers (I used two highlighters & an ink pen), heavier cardstock, scissors, post it notes, tape & glue (I used both, but only because I went really fast), and a BIG sense of humor.
- Start with a picture of yourself. I chose one from this post. Print it out and cut a close outline. I find that using a full body picture works best, so you don’t look like a scissor monster cut your feet off.
- Draw random patterns and designs on your cardstock, a little more than the height and width of your cutout.
- Glue your cutout down on the decorated cardstock, and move on to step 4. Or, if you want to do it the way I did it (which I don’t recommend) cut a slightly wider outline.
- Draw a base on cardstock for your cutout to stand on (if you’re really smart, unlike me, you’ll just incorporate this part in step three and only use one piece of cardstock. If you’re smart.).
- Cut out the base, and attack your person (or don’t, if you were smart enough to combine steps 3 & 4. Unlike me).
- Draw speech bubbles on your post it notes, making sure to draw the arrow part of the speech bubble on the adhesive part of the sticky note. Cut out the silhouette.
- Stick to face and repeat! Make as many silly sayings as you can think up! I made a separate (even creepier) stand up piece of cardstock that holds all the speech bubbles (not picture, but use your imagination!). Some of my favorite speech bubbles included “…did you just fart?” (take another look at that picture and tell me that’s not what my face is saying!).
- *BONUS STEP* Don’t tell your loved one/friend/family member/freinemy what you made, and then leave this in a place where they’ll find it. I put mine on Monsieur’s night stand, so he won’t find it until he’s just about to go to sleep. Mwuahahaha.
*Okay, I’ll admit it. It’s both of us. Both of us are really bad about spending more than 24 hours apart from each other. It’s embarrassing.
PS: I definitely think that my DIY belongs here, but since I haven’t been able to stop laughing since I decided to do this, I think it’s worth it. He’s laughing, too. Trust me.